Thursday, February 26, 2009

Update:

THIS JUST IN. MOUNTAINS OF PEANUT BUTTER FOUND IN CHINATOWN.

Ooookaaaay friends. Today I went to Chinatown, which just happens to be maybe 10ish blocks away from my apartment in Belgrano. While BA’s Chinatown only takes up one block of la calle ArribeƱos, it is chock full of everything I’ve ever wanted at this very moment. Well, one store is, to be exact. The Asian marketplace. I was one playing of Single Ladies away from weeping in the middle of the spice aisle.

Chili sauce! Curry powder! Red pepper flakes! Masala powder! Sacks full of fresh and toasted nuts! Dijon mustard! Balsamic vinegar! Argentina really has great food, but they’re not into spices or spicy stuff at all. So I am unbelievably thankful for Chinese cooking.

AND PEANUT BUTTER. That’s where all the peanut butter in Argentina is. Los chinos have it! Me encantan los chinos!

Also, it’s pretty awesome to encounter an entire Chinese community speaking Spanish. Even the little Chinese babies toddling along speaking Spanish! Abby, I finally understand why you love Asians so much. They are truly beautiful people. However it got here, Chinatown is my new favorite place.

AND I NEVER HAVE TO GO TO JUMBO EASY AGAIN.


1 comment: