Thursday, February 12, 2009

Reasons

When I first found out I would be spending my spring semester in Buenos Aires, and people started asking me what I would be doing there, my first impulse was always to describe the range of classes I could take or the research I could do.  After a few lectures on my academic aspirations and future career goals, and explaining that no, being a religion major doesn’t mean I want to be a priest, I finally realized that above all the academic stuff that yes, I love, but no, is not my real inspiration to travel, there are two true reasons that make me so psyched to be in Argentina:

Red wine and red meat.

What else spells happiness besides a good steak and a few glasses of red wine?  Now, my main response to why I’m traveling to Argentina is simply, “Steak and wine”. What more could a girl ask for?  So, I dedicate this blog to sharing tales of adventures (both above and under the influence of wine), and some good Argentine recipes for good food and long life. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment