Thursday, May 14, 2009

Interrupción

The Subte folks went on strike this afternoon, just in time for all of BsAs's commute home. Lines for the collectivos stretched around corners and across streets; I've never seen anything like it! By some act of díos a completely empty 67 pulled up to the line I was in and I actually got a seat. The dude sitting next to me fell asleep on my shoulder and I didn't have the heart to wake him up until I had to get off. It looked like he had been having one of those days... and hey, haven't we all? I've had days when I wished there was a cute girl in a soft sweatshirt to fall asleep on too. Though I think a few months ago I probably would have freaked if a stranger fell asleep on me.

I got out of class at 5:30, and finally made it home just under 3 hours later when I promptly set about making tomato soup (with corn, garbanzos, carrot, and onion) and grilled cheese (with a shmear of homemade pesto). That sure spells comfort to me.
Almost the weekend! 12 days until Jacqueline is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment