Thursday, April 30, 2009

OH MY GOD




Clark just skyped to tell me that there is a new movie coming out this summer (August 7th, to be exact, 99 days from now, I already started the count down) about JULIA CHILD. YES. JULIA CHILD. PLAYED BY MERYL STREEP.
The movie is based on the blog turned book Julie & Julia, written by a young New Yorker who cooks her way through the entire Mastering the Art of French Cooking in a year. Yep. 365 days, 524 recipes. Holy moly. And you know what's crazy? I just finished reading the Julie/Julia book. My friend Molly loaned it to me here after I was talking about how much I love Julia Child and how I've read two auto/biographies of her and can't get enough. The movie also includes stuff from My Life in France, Julia's memoir she wrote with her nephew. That I received as a Christmas present this year, and read of winter break. So how about that?!

So excited. 99 days. Julia, Julia, Julia. I am giddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment