Thursday, April 23, 2009

Here is the reason I don't do my homework:


http://blog.littleredbikecafe.com/

Literally. I read this blog when I wake up, in between classes, when I'm procrastinating, before I go to sleep. I don't know what I'm going to do when I finish reading through the archives. Maybe I'll actually get stuff done. Maybe.
I don't even remember how I came across the Little Red Bike Cafe blog. But it's so much fun to read and look at their pictures. My mouth waters as I scroll down the page. Many a trip to Persicco has been demanded by descriptions of their homemade ice cream: caramelized pear... Mexican chocolate... lavender and lemon curd... peanut butter & jelly for Christ's (as in President Carol T.) sake! Not that Persicco could possibly compare, but you know, you make do with what you got. 
Whoooaaah am I a freak for worshipping LRBC without even having been there? But it just looks that good. Yeah.  So clearly I'm already trying to figure out how to get to Portland, OR so I can go there for real and not just be a nerd and read their blog.  A few days ago I asked Clark if he had ever been to Portland. "No." he told me, and then mentioned a college friend who lived out there. He then kindly informed me of our summer plans, or rather, late summer/early fall 2010 to be exact, to drive from Portland, ME to Portland OR. Sounds good to me. As long as we can stop at the Smithsonian on the way and see Julia Child's kitchen. Done. So LRBC, I'll see you in 2010, probably some time in late fall. Until then, my mouth is watering for bread pudding and ice cream...

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure the Smithsonian is really "on the way" to Portland, OR.

    Regardless, can I come?

    ReplyDelete